Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Need a spare?

Today is my cousin's birthday!
I had some trouble deciding on what to make him. I'm not always sure that my male relatives would like a gift of tatting. You see, the ones that live near me are very outdoorsy. Not really the kind of guys who would like a frilly piece of lace.
So it took a while before I got the idea of tatting my cousin a tire.

The stitches are difficult to see due to the black thread. Done in size 10.


My cousin likes his car. So I tatted him a little spare tire to put with his keys. I made up the pattern myself, and used both the double stitches and some josephine knots in order to give the tire some texture. The rim gave me the most difficulty.
But in the end, it turned out well. My cousin seemed to like it when I gave it to him last night, so I would call this one a success.
Now to go tat four more so I can make a tatted car...

No comments:

Post a Comment