Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dreamcatcher Episode II: Attack of the Shuttles

Today is my aunt's birthday! To be specific, she is the aunt I mentioned in the Snowflake extravaganza.
For her birthday, I made another dreamcatcher!

Done in size 20 Lizbeth thread. The colors are Mocha Brown Med. and Ecru.


The center of the body is a pattern called the Cobweb doily, from the book Tatting Doilies & Edgings edited by Rita Weiss. I added two additional rows to make the doily fit within the metal ring properly.

I tried to make the additions similar to the doily pattern.


I chose these colors because my aunt seemed to really like them. I think that they go pretty well together.

No chickens were harmed in the collecting of these feathers.


Once again, I was able to get some pretty feathers from the family chickens. There are six beige feathers and two of the reddish brown feathers. They are really soft. I decided to connect the feather to the dreamcatcher using split rings and a bead.
My aunt really liked it, so I am calling this dreamcatcher a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment