Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Birthdays and other stuff

Well, I've been busy tatting Martha's brain cell pattern for the past few months. I've tatting at least seventy-five the these for my ward's Young Women to put on their camp hats and shirts. Each brain cell was done in Lizbeth size 20, colors #620 and #621.

One of the shirts, the tatting filling in for the word nerve. Motif #9.

I enjoyed tatting these, and basically have the pattern memorized. My fellow leaders and I sewed one onto each shirt, and had each of the Young Women sew them onto their own hat.

The front of one of the hats, which we are calling our Thinking Caps.

For my own hat, I added a chain made from pink size 10 thread. I tightened the chain so that it would curl, then sewed it onto the hat.

Each Young Woman had the option of having six brain cell for their hat.

Camp has a medical theme this year, and my ward are the neurologists.

Fun fact: I don't really like sewing very much, but have done a lot of it while preparing for camp.

My hat has be split into a left hemisphere and a right hemisphere.

It took a while, but I was able to get all of the brain cells tatted before camp. The Young Women really liked them, so it was worth the time spent.

In addition, there were three birthdays since I last posted.

Done in size 10, and in five different colors. Motif #10.

The first birthday was one of my cousins. I wasn't sure what to make him, so I decided to tat the name he goes by. The patterns came from The Tatters' Paradise, and were easy to follow and quick to tat.

Done in size 10. 

Next was my Aunt's birthday. I really like this cupcake pattern by Be-stitched. This time, I did the frosting in two different blues, and quite like how it turned out.

Done in size 10, with sequin eyes. Motif #11

Then my father had a birthday! Again, I wasn't sure what to make him. Then I found Jane Eborall's 3D Octopus pattern. It was an adorable pattern that I wanted to try out, so it became his birthday present.


I have a few more projects in the works, but they're not quite ready to share.
I hope you enjoyed seeing what I've been up to, and good luck on your own projects!

1 comment:

  1. Great shirt and thinking cap!!! :)
    Wonderful name and cupcake!! :)
    Terrific octopus!!! :)

    ReplyDelete