Tuesday, September 3, 2024

It's been a while

 Well, it has been a while since I've updated this blog. A lot has changed since the end of 2016, including me moving states and getting a new job.

I haven't done very well at taking pictures of everything I've tatted since my last post, but I did dig through and find some neat things I've tatted between 2017 and now.



First, we have King Tat's Mummy designed by Carol Amich. I found it on the blog Tat's All, which was run by Gale Marshall, but unfortunately it doesn't look like that blog is around anymore. I'll have to check if I downloaded the pattern on my old computer, but I don't remember if I did or if I just followed the pattern on the blog itself...



I made this lamb tatting pattern for a friend's birthday. It was interesting to design, and I think it turned out really cute. It was a change from designing mythical creatures, but I enjoyed making the pattern.

I really should try to clean up the patterns I've made and share them at some point, but I would like to figure out how to make a clean diagram to go with each written pattern before then, because I find that having both written instructions and diagrams make it a lot easier to follow a pattern.

If anyone has any suggestions for programs I might be able to use to make tatting diagrams, I would love to check them out, as I am a terrible artist.



This unicorn is from the book Toys for Tatting by Martha Ess. I altered the tension slightly so that it looked like the uncorn was rearing up of its hindlegs.

 



This poppy is from the blog Muskaan's T*I*P*S by muskaan. I wanted to do something in size 80, and this pattern ended up being perfect. I still don't keep most of the stuff I tat (since I usually make things as presents for people) but I keep this poppy for myself, and placed it where I can see it every day.




Both this butterfly and elephant are from the book Tatting Animals by Inga Madsen. The butterfly was a present for my aunt, while the elephant was for a white elephant gift exchange. Both were enjoyable projects.



Jane Eborall makes amazing patterns, and her Fish #2 - Large was a delight to tat. I made it for my nephew during a time when his favorite character was Dory from Finding Nemo, which is why I used blue and yellow for it.



Now, the Wedding Hoop pattern is from the book Tatting Patterns by Lyn Morton, and it is something that I promised to make my sister when she got married. Well, when that day finally arrived, I eagerly got to work on making this necklace for her. I think it turned out fantastic, and it went well with her wedding dress too!


I'll try to do better at updating this blog more frequently.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your models - such fun pieces! And I am so thrilled that the poppy is admired daily - an honour! Hope you blog more regularly.

    ReplyDelete