Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Dreamcatcher

For my Grandmother's birthday, I wanted to tat her something nice. I thought about tatting a few different things before deciding to tat a dreamcatcher.

Lizbeth size 20, Mocha Swirl. Two feathers from the family chickens.


I began by tatting the pattern Meg from the book Tatting Patterns by Lyn Morton. Using that as the very center of the dreamcatcher, I added more rows of tatting until it was large enough to fit into the metal ring. I tried to keep the additional rows similar to the center motif, but basically made them up as I went along.

The light comes from within the center. The blue wall sends greetings as shadows gather.

I then tatted a simple loop for it to hang from. After that I added the smaller motif at the bottom of the dreamcatcher and two chicken feathers.

No chickens were harmed in the gathering of these feathers.


It was fun to make and my Grandmother really liked it. I think that it was a successful project, and I will probably do another dreamcatcher in the future.
Experimentation and adaption are wonderful tools. Remember to utilize them well to further the potential of your crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment